Anemia is a situation where the blood count in a person decreases to a very complicated level. The main cure for such situations and conditions is to use supplements that can improve the production of blood in the body. There are various types of supplements used to cure anemia, but the most natural ones are the herb and supplements made out of herbs.
Herbal Treatment of Anemia
Herbs are very beneficial in healing various health-related problems. Anemia is a medical situation that needs iron supplements to improve blood level and quality in the body. It is a medical situation wherein there is a deficiency in the total count of RBCs (red blood cells).
There are several ways to cure anemia, but to avoid complications it is advised to use natural ingredients to cure anemia. People these days are going for herbal supplements rather than western medicines as their herbal supplements don’t have side effects.
Natural Supplements to Treat Anemia
Herbs are the most natural supplements to cure anemia. There are several reasons to use herbal supplements for anemia:
1. The other iron supplements are not easily digested by our body, whereas herbal supplements are made in such a way that they can be tolerated in the body system.
2. The herbal iron supplements do not add discomfort to the body like other iron supplements. These discomforts can be constipation, diarrhea, or nausea.
There are various herbs that can produce good iron supplements that can cure anemia.
1. Yellow Dock Root: it is a common roadside weed. It helps to raise the hemoglobin level within weeks. The supplements come in the form of capsules or tinctures. However, it should be taken in low dosage as a high dose can cause diarrhea.
2. Stinging Nettle or Nettle Leaf: it can be taken after food and one needs to chew it like spinach. It should be consumed after boiling as it can cause a stinging irritant to the skin. You can add oat straw herb, red raspberry, or anise seeds as they will increase its effect on anemia.
3. Dandelion and Burdock Root: this combination can increase the absorption of iron from food.
4. Thyme: a seasoning with high iron content. It has a very strong flavor. It is a rich source of iron.
5. Alfalfa: it has a revitalizing effect and used as a supplement for curing anemia.
6. Emblic Myrobalan (amla): a great source of vitamin C is very much recommended in cure anemia. It is best suited to pregnant ladies and children.
7. Kelp: it is the highest source of iron on the earth. It has high amounts of iron and other minerals.
8. Liquid Chlorophyll: it helps to raise hemoglobin level. It is even safe to consume it in pregnancy.
9. Pau D’Arco Bark (Taheebo): it has the capacity to recreate red blood cells within a month. It is used as a blood purifier as well as a blood builder that in turn aid endocrine glands and the liver.
10. White Peony Root (Bai Shao): Chinese medicine to treat anemia. It basically targets the spleen and strengthens the blood.
Apart from these, there are various other herbs that are used as iron supplements to cure anemia. They are:
3. Codonopsis root
5. Jujube date
6. Longan berries
8. Shiitake mushrooms
11. Parsley root