Zumba is a Latin-inspired dance fitness program created by the dancer cum choreographer Alberto Beto Perez in British Colombia. Zumba involves dance and aerobic elements. Zumba is a dance program, which includes music with fast and slow rhythms for effective fitness and for losing weight too.
Zumba follows the dance styles such as cumbia, salsa, mambo, flamenco, chachaha, soca, samba, hip-hop, belly dance, and bhangra. During the Zumba classes or exercises, the calories are typically burned in the range of 500-1000 depending upon the practitioner’s weight, workout duration, and intensity.
Weight Loss with Zumba Program – Tips
Weight Loss with Zumba is very effective and fun-loving. If you choose Zumba for weight loss, you should go to the dance class a minimum of three times a week. Though you can do them even by watching the videos there is something about the excitement and energy in a Zumba class that makes the workout so much fun and easy.
Related: Lifestyle Changes For Weight Loss
- You should be careful about your diet and should read the labels if you practice Zumba. Look for food products with no trans fats and with little saturated fat. Raw fruits and vegetables, plain popcorn, and yogurt are the real healthier snacks.
- Please do not drink soda and always choose calorie-free flavored water instead of sugary beverages. Pack your lunch with some healthy snacks to prevent candies.
- As almonds are the king of nuts add them to salads or at the least have them as a snack. Almonds give you extra magnesium as it is very helpful for peaceful sleep. Follow a low-fat dairy diet and your intake should be high in the calcium products
- Go for the fish diets as they have omega 3 fatty acids that help boost metabolism.
- Eating white eggs for breakfast is really great as they will give the fullest comfort breakfast. There won’t be any stomach growling.
- It is advisable to build your muscle with beans as they are packed with protein, fiber, & iron. They are an excellent low-calorie addition to your foods, salads, and soups.
- Swap your morning beverage for Green Tea.
- Go ahead and eat some carbohydrates but do not consume more of them as they can bloat you. Make sure to eat whole grain only.
By doing three Zumba dance classes per week, you will see the weight and inches dropping off your body quickly and most importantly, in an enjoyable fun way.