Health is a big issue for women. The internal structure of a woman is much more complex than a man’s, and hence, a lot more care needs to be taken after a woman’s health. So, the question that arises is what health products should be consumed to stay healthy? Well, the good news is that there are certain vitamins and other supplements available on the market that ensures good health for the average woman.
However, one must consult doctors and have medical checkups on a regular basis to address their health issues, but taking vitamins, minerals and other health supplements also help in resolving many health problems related to women. The best thing about such supplements and vitamins is that they are found in the most common foods that we have in our daily life.
Related: Folic Acid Rich Foods
There are some vitamins that take care of issues related to women only. For example, women in their thirties and above are affected by osteoporosis. Similarly, women above forty must have vitamins as well as supplements rich in magnesium and calcium that assist in absorption. Certain fatty acids like Omega 3 and 6 also help in keeping the female heart healthy. However, a note of caution before we move on: Taking excess doses of vitamins may result in the opposite way. Therefore, it is a wise decision to take advice from a necessary dietician or doctor before taking anything on one’s own. In this article, we would list some of the vitamins and supplements required for improving the health of a typical woman.
- Vitamins like folic acid, thiamine, magnesium, and potassium provide energy support for women. Generally, in today’s world women are tired because of burdened work and multiple responsibilities.
- The immune system of a woman is improved by the consumption of Vitamin A, B6, C, and E along with supplements like zinc, lycopene, inositol, and many more.
- As mentioned above, certain compounds like calcium and magnesium are good protection for heart diseases. Besides they also provide cures for diabetes and cancer. Vitamin D is a good absorber of calcium and hence is needed by the body too.
- Vitamin K looks after the health of female bones. Athletes and pregnant women need extra strength to endure the situation they go through, and thus iron is an essential component in their diet, as iron assists hemoglobin in delivering oxygen in greater quantity. Here again, Vitamin B12 absorbs iron inside the body, thereby becoming a necessary component of the diet too
- There is a deficiency of B12 and iron in vegetarians. Hence women who live only on vegetables must ensure proper intake of B12 and iron. Carrot contains carotene, which gets converted to Vitamin A inside the body. This converted Vitamin A is better than the direct vitamin intake. In the case of a pregnant woman who wishes to breastfeed her child should consume zinc in their diet.
- Some vitamins are also available to moderate the sexual activities of women. Some enhance sexual potency while others control sexual desire.
- Multivitamins – This is a shortcut formula that has scaled the popularity chart very quickly. Multivitamins are basically a blending of several vitamins aimed to replenish the deficiency of vitamins that are essential for good health. They are generally good alternatives for women for ensuring wellness the health.
- In general, vitamins like Vitamin A, E, and D are stored inside the body for a long time, but some water soluble vitamins like vitamins in the B family like thiamine, niacin or B3, folate, B12, B5, and 6 along with Vitamin C gets out of the body very quickly through excretion and thus must be taken in regularly.
An average woman needs more iron content in their diet than a man because their menstruation cycle leads them to lose a lot of iron. Such loss of iron would lead to loss of energy. Thus multivitamins can help in this regard as they include minerals and vitamins rich in calcium, folic acid, and iron.