An adage says that beauty is skin deep and that can be protected with care and some effort for skincare. Everyone dreams of a smooth, glowing, and flawless complexion. Our skin is one of the most sensitive parts of our body and can easily get affected by even a tiny bit of carelessness. Even if you have good skin it should be maintained properly to keep it flawless and glowing. It is common knowledge that the secret of flawless skin is the simple mantra: Just Cleanse, Tone, and Protect. Some others may vouch that eat and drink your way to flawless skin. It is actually a combination of all these. To put it in a nutshell, flawless skin is the result of a well-balanced diet, drinking plenty of water, restful sleep every night, and keep toxins away.
Let’s face it. No amount of emphasis is not enough when it comes to skincare. So make sure you take the time solely dedicated to skincare. The invaluable reward – glowing, flawless skin, plus a bonus of overall relaxation for you! Skincare consists of a few processes such as cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing.
Cleansing: Make cleansing your daily habit in the evening. Wash your skin at the end of the day with a mild soap that can remove perspiration and dirt and not the nutrients and moisture of your skin. This will remove the blockages of the pores of the skin. Make-up should be removed without fail. The pores can get blocked due to the polluted air, sun, dirt, air-conditioning, and grime from our own hands.
Image source @juliakuzmenko
Related: Rosacea Symptoms And Treatments
One way to cleanse facial skin is to wipe your face with a piece of cotton wool dipped in raw milk. Almond oil can be used to cleanse the skin under the eyes.
A part of cleansing is exfoliating helps to get rid of dead skin cells. This can be done twice a week carefully. Using clay masks is the best way to draw out the impurities from underneath the skin and make it soft. Use a body brush to exfoliate your skin. Applying body lotion helps to soothe the skin.
Toning: Rosewater is the best skin toner and an important ingredient in skincare.. Use it after cleansing to improve your skin tone. Brushing with a body brush helps in toning and stimulating the skin.
Moisturizing: Moisturizing is nothing but hydrating your skin. This can protect your skin from pollutants in the atmosphere. A face mask of mashed banana mixed with white cosmetic clay is ideal for this purpose. A mixture of yogurt, orange juice, and lemon juice can be used as a moisturizer for normal skin. The face mask made with cooked oatmeal and honey will suit those with dry skin. Water provides natural hydration for the skin.
Tips for Maintaining Flawless Skin
- Coconut oil has been used for ages to achieve flawless, spotless, and ageless skin. It fights against toxins powerfully as it has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. A few drops of coconut oil should be taken in the palms and rubbed on the skin thoroughly. This daily massage can expel all the toxins out of the body in a few weeks. This is a proven way to get flawless skin naturally.
- Mashed banana, lemon juice, and honey can be mixed and used for massaging the skin for about 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water and repeat for getting flawless skincare.
- If you have oily skin use this face pack made by blending cucumber, Aloe Vera gel, and egg white. Apply this all over the face and neck and wash it off with warm water after it dries.
- Research has shown that a diet consisting of proteins, fruits, and vegetables is the best way to maintain flawless skin.
- Rub a sliced raw potato on the face to remove blemishes and scars.
- Strawberry masks made with mashed strawberries and yogurt can be applied to the skin for about 15 minutes daily and then rinsed with water to get flawless skin.
- Strictly avoid refined white carbohydrates such as white bread, pasta, rice, and sweets. They cause the insulin levels to shoot up and cause breakouts in the skin.
- Avoid fish which is a good source of fatty acids known as EFAs. They clog the skin pores and cause acne. Almonds, hazelnuts, and flaxseed are also rich in EFAs.
- If you have scars on your face, blend sandalwood and Rosewater to make a paste and apply it on your face at bedtime. Leave it overnight and wash it with cold water.
- Honey is good for skincare and massaging the face with honey helps in removing wrinkles.
- Mix mashed avocado and honey and apply this to the skin. Wash it with warm water after about 20 minutes. This is an effective skincare method for dry skin.
- Mix turmeric powder to milk and apply this on your face to remove tan or for getting rid of facial hair.
- Make a mixture of dried orange peels and curd and apply it on your face to remove tan.
- Take a piece of lemon and add a hint of sugar and rub it on your face. It can be applied on the elbows to make the skin smooth and removes pigmentation.
- Make a mixture of Rosewater, honey, jajoba oil, and Rose essential oil and apply on your face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water. This is another good way to achieve flawless skin.
Related: Laser Cellulite And Treatment
Healthy Diet for Flawless Skin
A healthy diet for skincare forms the basis of flawless skin. Fresh fruits and vegetables and juices of fruits and vegetables are wonderful agents for flawless skin. They provide the essential nutrients for healthy skin. Avoid junk food and fried and artificial foods and aerated drinks like colas. Water is essential for keeping the skin hydrated so it is important to drink at least ten glasses of water per day as a skincare regimen. Regular exercise and restful sleep are a must for having a healthy body and this helps the skin to remain healthy. Stress can make the skin dull so avoid stress. Beat stress with yoga and meditation and keep the skin glowing and flawless.
Things to Avoid for flawless skincare
Avoid over-exposure to the sun as it can harm your skin. Use sunscreen to protect your skin when going out in the sun. Avoid excessive use of cosmetics on the skin as they contain dangerous chemicals that can harm the skin.