Diabetes is of two kinds however, the symptoms for both of them are the same. This is because the high blood sugar due to less production of insulin by the pancreas brings about the same symptoms in the human body. If you are able to gauge these symptoms quickly enough and get diabetes under control then the symptoms will disappear and you will be able to guard yourself against any further damage.
Related: 8 Warning Symptoms Of Diabetes
Let us look at the symptoms
1. The initial stages of diabetes might result in the form of nausea and vomiting. This is because the absence of insulin in the body will result in this.
2. When the body starts breaking down the muscle tissue and fat in order to get its required energy then you will have fast weight loss. Although you might be eating the same amounts of and kinds of food you will still notice a loss of weight.
3. Dehydration and excessive thirst can be felt due to the electrolyte disturbance in the body due to pancreatic malfunction.
4. A feeling of intense and acute fatigue. This is because the cells in the body are not able to use glucose to generate energy. This forces the body to go into a mode of negative calorie effect which makes you feel tired all the time.
5. Frequent urination as the body tries to get rid of the extra glucose in the blood by excreting it. This results in a catch 22 situation as because of this you will feel dehydrated and thirsty all the time as along with the sugar you are also getting rid of a large amount of water from your body, which otherwise would not happen.
6. Excessive hunger. This is due to the hormone insulin which is a stimulant for hunger.
7. Your weight might frequently fluctuate from losing weight to gaining weight. This can be because of the weight loss as the metabolism works on the fat in the body and loss of excessive water and weight gain due to the increased appetite.
8. Blurred vision due to the body fluid being pulled out of the tissues including the ones of the eyes. This results in the inability of the eye lens to focus. This in turn makes it look as though you are looking at the world through a smokescreen.
9. If you feel irritated all the time is because of high blood sugar levels. If your brain does not get sufficient and frequent glucose supply then it makes you feel tired and crabby all the time. This will also affect all the other organs and muscles and you will feel uneasy and tired too.
10. The immune system gets suppressed and due to this, you will be prone to infections that will not harm other healthier people. You will get skin infections like bacterial, fungal, or UTI that will be persistent and refuse to go away.
11. Wounds will not heal easily as the white blood cells are not produced in abundance.