Are you confused about getting intimate during periods? Do you have a fear of any infection during menstruation sex? or something else running in your mind? Today we will discuss the most crucial topic of Sexual relationship which will make many of your doubts clear.
Sex during periods is not a weird thing at all. The menstruation cycle does not mean that you have to say bye to sex for one week. Sex is a natural thing and anyone can feel to have sex at any time. You can enjoy intimacy during these days also. Even some couples feel more horny and pleasurable sex during periods as compared to other days.
Having sex during periods has many benefits but on the other hand, it also has many disadvantages. Here is a list of the different risks and beneficial advantages of having menstruation sex. Check out:
Period’s sex and risk of pregnancy
Many couples think that they cannot get pregnant during their periods but this is not true as you can conceive a baby while having sex during periods especially if you have a short menstrual cycle like in between 21 to 24 days. Sometimes having sex at the end of the periods can make you pregnant because the men’s sperm remain in the vagina for up to 5 days and during that time you can ovulate and get pregnant. Sometimes it becomes hard to count the accurate days of the fertile body when a woman can get pregnant because of menstruation irregularity. The menstruation regularity can be affected by the following reasons:
- Uterine fibroids
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Heavy exercise
- Fluctuation in weight
- Eating disorders
- Premature ovarian failure
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
So, if you are not planning for the baby then use birth control contraception and during menstruation use condoms.
Period’s sex and risk of infection
The menstruation is a very crucial time in which you both can easily affect by many infections. Even the doctors also recommend the use of condom during these days to avoid any type of disease transfer from one another because the viruses are present in the menstrual blood. During periods the cervix of women are fully opened and at that time any fluid which carries HIV or STI can easily enter in the body. Apart from these the vaginal yeast infection and Urinary tract infection grows very fastly during periods. Some of the most common sexually transmitted infections are Chlamydia, genital warts, gonorrhoea, hepatitis B, herpes, HIV, human papillomavirus (HPV), molluscum contagiosum, syphilis, trichomoniasis, scabies, and pubic lice. The only way to avoid these transmitted infections is to use condoms while intercourse.
Period’s sex and horny excitement
This sounds very different but it is true. Many women feel to be in bed with horny feelings and experience much excitement during periods. They feel more sexually aroused because of the changes in hormonal levels of the body. Some women have the feeling of congestion in the pelvic area, which can also ramp up the sex drive. They enjoy the sex more pleasurable during periods as compare to the other normal days. Some husbands feel their wife sexier during periods. If your partner feels messy and uncomfortable then tell him to use the condoms and tell him that it is natural and having sex during this time will give him more enjoyment. If once she will try then surely he is going to wait for your next periods.
Period’s sex and its benefits
As we know that during periods there is more risk to having transmitted infection from one to another but there are several other benefits which will make you do sex during periods. Some of the effective benefits are
The menstruation cramps are very common as well as painful too. But some women feel relieved when they enjoy a good orgasm. Some Women want to intimate just for the relaxation form cramps. The cramps occur when the uterus contracting to release its lining. When women feel the orgasm then the muscles of their uterus also contract and they feel relief from the period cramps. On the other hand, the release of endorphins also relaxes the women’s body and feels them good.
Shorter the period days
If you have heavy bleeding for a number of days then you should indulge in the sex for beneficial results. The muscles contracts during sex and orgasm which push out the uterine contents faster and hence results in shorter periods.
Changes in sex drive
Due to hormonal changes, the libido keeps fluctuating during periods. Some women even feel to be more excited when the periods are about to come and feels the same during periods. This is beneficial for both couples.
Bye to Lubrication
During periods you are bleeding, so there is no need to use the lubrication for better results. The blood itself is natural lubrication which will easily allow the men’s organ to enter easily.
Some women have migraine pain during their periods who likes to avoid sex at that time. But this is a fact that some women who intercourse while having period’s migraine pains says that they feel relieves from such headaches.
Period’s sex and partners concern
Women feel more excited during periods but there are some men who don’t want to indulge in it because of many reasons. Some men strict themselves because of religious and their cultures were touching a woman is a sin. If you really want to do it then talk to your husband and try to understand each other’s feelings, expectations, considerations, concerns and maintain your understandings. If he understands then enjoy it with full excitement.
Period’s sex effective tips
Here are some effective tips which will help you in enjoying the sex without any risk. Check out:
- It is very important to remove the tampons and menstrual cup while you are intimating. Sometimes partners forget to remove these things in excitement and as a result, they are pushed into the vagina and potentially cause a bacterial infection.
- Sex is for both of you, so be frank and ask your partner about the period’s sex and his discomfort. If he denies then respect his decision.
- It is better to have sex on the lighter days of bleeding like after 3rd day so that you don’t have to face the bleeding on the bedsheets. However, there is no risk if you are doing it on the 1st day also.
- If you want to be intimate then plan for it in advance so that you can put the necessary things besides you in advance like towels, condoms, etc.
- The sex position also affects the periods. It is better that you don’t try different positions during periods. The missionary position is best for periods. Don’t do the deep penetration because the cervix is low and sensitive during this time which can harm your internal organs.
- Avoid foreplay because it will make the timings messier. Go for the real sex and leave foreplay for other days.
- The idea of shower sex is the best during menstrual timings because it will wash away the menstrual flow and eliminate the blood flowing part form the sex.
- Keep the wet wipes asides with you to clean up the blood quickly to be hygiene.
- Don’t forget to use the latex condom and if your partner is allergic to latex then consult the doctor for some other substitute.