Indigestion is really a very serious problem and the parents should take care of the diet of their babies. However, it is not possible when the children start going outside in schools or tuition. Normally, the kids are attracted towards the junk and spicy market food which is good in taste but bad for health.
Normally what happens is that when the children eat the unhygienic foods which their body didn’t want to accept are remains in the upper part of the kid’s abdomen. Those foods, as a result, create the bloating, nausea, heartburn, and burping in most cases.
However, this is common and can be treated at home by many natural remedies. But if your baby doesn’t get relaxed with the remedies you have tried then contact with your doctor and treat him with medicines.
Firstly let us discuss common reason are for the Indigestion in babies:
- The babies and children might have an Immature or weak digestive system which doesn’t allow the food to digest.
- If your kid is eating the outside junk food or homemade too much spicy food then also there are chances of having indigestion.
- If our kids are not getting their proper sleep then also indigestion can attack them.
- The school going children takes a lot of stress and these results in indigestion.
- Obesity is one of the most common problems in today’s generation. The obesity gives the additional pressure in the abdomen which causes acid reflux in the oesophagus.
- The fast eating habit is also the cause of Indigestion. When children eat so fast then they don’t chew the food and they make acidity in the stomach.
- If your child is taking any type of medicine then that also results in the burping and acidity.
- Any type of stomach problem or disease can cause Indigestion in babies.
The common symptoms of the Indigestion in babies
There can be many symptoms of acidity which should not be ignored but can be treated as soon as possible to avoid serious diseases. Let you know about the signs and symptoms of Indigestion:
- Pain in the Upper abdomen area.
- potty of green colour
- The irritating smell in the potty and vomiting.
- Less interest in eating and even in Breastfeeding.
- Pain in the upper and middle abdomen
Easy Home remedies to treat Indigestion in babies
We can win over the Indigestion problems with very simple techniques. If we take care of foods and other eatables then we can even ignore the indigestion problem in babies. Check out some of the best and effective way to treat the acidity problem in babies:
- Burping: Burp is recommended for every small baby. After feeding you should burp your baby so that the excessive air goes in the body during feeding time. If they spit up the milk during burping then don’t worry because this is normal for the newborn babies. Even the spitting of milk helps to prevent indigestion in babies.
- Chilled Milk: A glass of chilled Milk is a very method to release the acidity and indigestion. If your baby is above 1 year this is the best remedy.
- Gripe Water: The gripe water is a good remedy to get rid of tummy problems. You can buy the gripe water from the market. Even the taste is also good and all kids love to take it.
- Ginger: You can use ginger to treat nausea and indigestion. Mix it with honey if your baby is above 1 year.
- Cinnamon powder: If your child is above 1 year then mix Cinnamon powder with honey and give it to them. This is good for tummy problems.
- Herbal milk: If your baby has stomach pain then you can give them the combination of cinnamon, warm milk and honey. This is good for stomach cramps also.
- Peppermint Oil: The smell of the peppermint oil helps to ease from nausea. you can rub the oil in cotton and place it near your baby’s net or crib when he sleeps.
- Fennel oil: The Fennel essential oil is very beneficial for babies. You can apply it on baby’s tummy and navel.
- Pineapples: The pineapples are a good source for the proper bowel movement. If your baby loves to eat pineapple then give him a slice of it every day. This will digest the food properly and prevent indigestion.
- Lemon: One of my favourite remedy to throw out indigestion from the body is Lemon water. This is safe and 100% natural.
- Ginger, Lemon and Honey: Combination of these three ingredients improves the digestive system and release the stomach from acidity.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Add one spoon of Apple Cider Vinegar and honey in water and give it to your child. He will get relief from indigestion.
- Cloves: The clove water is good for pancreas and digestion. Boil 2-3 clove and sugar in water. Cool it and then give it to your babies. This is a very effective remedy. Whenever my baby suffers from indigestion I prefer Clove water and it results positively.
- Gooseberry Juice: The Gooseberry juice is good for the stomach. If daily you will take one spoon of juice in the empty stomach then you will never have to worry with your digestive system.