All kids are different from each other in respect to complexion height, weight and many habits. It is important to remember that don’t compare your baby with other babies of the same age and months as like your baby. The main thing to take care of your baby is to provide your baby with the proper nutritional diet which can make maintain your baby’s healthy weight.
Always remember one thing in mind that give your baby the proper nutrients, vitamins, and all the minerals that are required for the overall development of their brain and physique. If your baby is slim in look then don’t worry because a kid should be active rather than chubby babies. Sometimes the babies seem to have the physique like their parents. However, it is necessary to maintain the proper age according to weight instead of making obese to your baby.
Healthy Weight gaining foods
It is very necessary to feed your baby with healthy foods. It will help to improve the immune system of your baby. Apart from these, they will also adopt healthy habits for a lifetime. Here is a list of some healthy foods which will help in gaining weight as well as provide nutrients to your baby. You can start solids for your baby after 6 months. Check out:
- Breast milk: Nothing is good for the baby than breast milk. This is a very first meal which baby takes just after his birth. Breast Milk is very nutritious and can be digested easily. The baby below 6 months of age is depended only on breast milk. This is super healthy food also makes a strong bond between mother and baby. Try to feed your baby as much as you can. Many mothers feed their babies until he becomes 3 years of age. New moms can check here how to increase breast milk through daily food habits.
- Sweet Potatoes: The easily digest food is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, dietary fiber, copper, phosphorus, potassium, and manganese and is very healthy and tasty to eat.
- Dals: The variety of dals or pulses is very good and healthy to eat. Dals are good in taste and rich in proteins, nutrients, magnesium, calcium, iron, fiber and potassium. Start with Moong Dal because this is easily digestible Dal for the kids.
- Banana: After 6 months, the very first food introduced to your baby is banana. The banana is very rich in potassium, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and carbohydrates. This is a good source to gain weight in babies. You can make a banana shake, smoothie or puree as like your baby likes to eat.
- Raagi: The raagi is a perfect food for growth and development of the baby as well as it is also a good source for the weight gain. These foods also digest very easily and have many nutrients, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, proteins, and various other vitamins and minerals. There are many recipes you can make for kids like idli, dosa, porridge, malt or cereals, cakes, cookies and pudding.
- Ghee: Homemade ghee is very good for babies. This is very healthy and weight gaining food for babies. If kids consume a little amount on a daily basis then they will not suffer from constipation. But keep one thing in mind to eat the ghee in normal quantity because lots of ghee can upset the digestive system of the baby.
- Pear: The pear is another weight gaining food which can be introduced to the child after completing his 6 months. This has many nutrients like iron, Vitamins B6 and C and a lot of dietary fiber. The pear puree is very much liked by the babies.
- Peas: Peas is one of the most nutritious vegetables with high dietary fiber, thiamine, vitamin C and high in phosphorous, magnesium, niacin and Vitamins A, B6. You can add pea in many other foods like raagi, rice, khichdi and mash with potato or you can add it in many homemade healthy soups.
- Dry fruits: You can give your baby the dry fruits like almond, pistachio, fig, cashew which are good in taste and rich in energy. If your baby is not able to chew the dry fruits then you can make a thick powder of all the dry fruits which can be used to mix and make a tasty combination with many other foods. Parents keep noticing that whether your baby is having allergy from any dry fruits.
- Dairy product: Various dairy products like milk, cheese, yogurt, paneer, buttermilk etc are good for increasing baby’s weight. If your baby is above 1 year then you can give him the cow’s milk which will be very beneficial for their physical and mental growth. Among all the dairy products paneer is one of the best dairy products. You can serve the paneer with many recipes. It will be more effective if you will make it at home.
- Healthy Drinks: Baby always loves to drink many types of different tastes beverages. If it is summer then you have many options to make healthy summer drinks for kids. There are many types of healthy drinks available in the market but it will be better for your baby’s health if you will make it at home. There are various recipes to make healthy drinks for babies.
- Eggs: If your baby is above 8 months then give him the nutrition-rich eggs which contain a lot of protein, iron, fat and other vitamins and minerals that the children needs for overall growth and development. This can be easily cooked and can have a variety of recipes like a boiled egg, pancakes, fried eggs and many more.
- Oats: Oats are the food which is low in saturated fat and cholesterol which harm our body and high in manganese, magnesium, thiamine, phosphorus, protein, and the immense fiber in oats which is good for baby’s growth and development.