Daily food habits tend to lead to obesity and health risks. To counteract this, you can easily combine foods that will assist in weight loss. A sensible combination of food types does not mean starving, living on carrot sticks, artificial sweeteners, and liposuction. It is a well-planned diet program, easy to follow, and highly effective in maintaining your optimal weight.
Foods have to be put together in a manner that provides essential nutrients and maintains ideal body weight. Here are some tips for how you can go about it.
Create meals that have fruits, vegetables, minerals, proteins, fiber, fluids, and carbohydrates, never mind if it is Chinese, French, Mexican, or Indian
You can have one meal made up entirely of fruits. Fruits get digested quickly, have sufficient fiber, and are rich storehouses of vitamins, minerals, and carbohydrates. Melons, citrus fruits, dried fruits, and sweet fruits can be combined to create a great meal
Protein foods help provide building material for muscles, hair, skin, nails, blood, and internal organs. Proteins are the hardest to digest and have 51% amino acids. Animal sources are poultry, eggs, crustaceans, fish, venison, lamb, and dairy products. Plant sources are beans, soybean, tofu, nuts, and wheat gluten.
Related: Babies eating habits: tips and learning etiquette
Fats are an important component of a meal as they provide energy, help absorb Vitamin D and carry fat-soluble vitamins and calcium throughout the body. Fats that are beneficial for the body are found in nuts, some fruits like olives, sunflowers, butter, nondairy cream, and so on.
These foods have to be combined in a manner that you eat enough fruits, vegetables, proteins, and grains; this kind of meal will suppress appetite, moderate blood sugar levels, and assist in digestion and weight loss
Avoid steak and potatoes and scrambled eggs with buttered toast; though they sound wholesome and filling these meals will make you put on weight and make you more vulnerable to health risks
Have a fruit meal on an empty stomach. Start off with having pomegranates and melon and later you can add fruits like kiwi, pineapples, and strawberries
Combine fruits with yogurt, sprouts, and nuts for a meal rich in all nutrients
Avoid combining proteins with starch; eat proteins with nonstarchy vegetables and ocean vegetables. Animal protein can be combined with cabbage, garlic, cucumber, and so on
Lightly cook vegetables in a manner to retain nutrients while nullifying harmful reaction that may arise when eating raw vegetables
- Combine grains with starchy vegetables; millets and red-skinned potatoes
- Combine fats, like olive oil, flaxseed oil with vegetables and cereals
- Remember a protein meal needs all of four hours for digestion
- There must be at least a 180-minute gap between a carbohydrate-rich meal and a protein meal
- Apple with cheese, cereal bars, apricots, or nuts make good snacks
- For breakfast, you can have cereals with a little milk and nuts
- Eat melons alone; do not combine them with any other fruits or other food types
- Lettuce, tomato, whole-wheat bread, a small amount of poultry meat, and yogurt make a balanced meal for lunch and/or dinner
- Avoid drinking water during meals, but drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to flush out toxins.
Combining different food types helps create nutritious meals and also manages weight. For those who want to reduce it is better to eat sensibly than go on crash diets. Proteins, carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits, fiber, fats, and water are components of balanced diets.