Loss of fat is the main cause for formation of wrinkles because of the loss of fatty tissues below the skin surface. Collagen and elastin are the two proteins which give shape to the skin. Collagen is present between the bone structure and epidermis and the elasticity of the skin is maintained by elastin.
Related: Vitamins To End Dry Skin Saga
Medical research has proved that alcohol, mineral oil and other chemicals could harm an individual’s skin leading to other additional problems. There are some factors like snack foods which do not contain sufficient nutrients to satisfy the body or overexposure to sunlight can lead to decay of skin structures as these produce free radicals which cause damage to elastin and keratin.
Related: Should We Take Health Plus Vitamins
Related: Vitamins Good For Acne Prone Skin
The human skin losing its elasticity with old age is called sagging skin. The production of collagen, elastin combined with an acid compound called hyaluronan which binds these structures together reduces with age causing damage to skin elasticity. It can be cured by natural remedies, applying of lotions and proper diet.
The skin can be made firm and elastic by stimulating regeneration of processes which can cause improvement in collagen production and increase its firmness. Applying of lotions can help rebuild the skin but it is mandatory that they contain nutrients from natural resources. Collagen and elastin cannot be absorbed in the body as they are large molecules but they can be produced in the body by regular supply of nutrients.
Related: Vitamins Good For Women’s Health
There are some ingredients which are important in lotions to prevent skin sagging and they are:
- Keratin is another ingredient which is found in many anti-aging products. It is effective in reducing wrinkles and makes skin firm and lustrous. It also helps in the removing of lines, wrinkles, age spots, rejuvenation of new cells making the skin look younger and brighter.
- Wakame kelp extract in lotions helps to prevent breakdown of hyaluronic acid causing increase in the constituents of skin which improve the firmness and smoothness of skin. Its positive effects also pertain to the inner part of the skin and prevent signs of aging maintaining healthy skin. This comes from seaweeds in Japan known in medical circles for boosting hyaluronic acid in body and making the elastin and collagen fibers stronger.
- Active Manuka Honey is an antioxidant that improves the immune stem and production of strong collagen in the body which makes the skin tight and elastic.
- Having fish or cod liver oil in diet or lotions can prevent sagging in skin. It contains omega-3 fatty acids which are known to improve circulation of the blood, reduce puffiness or baggage under eyes, improves the body’s immune system and improves the transportation of nutrients to skin’s external layers.
- Additional constituent like copper in lotions is important for stimulation of the skin to produce collagen.
- Co-Enzyme Q10 is another constituent which promotes the growth of keratin and elastin. It also protects skin against harmful UV-A rays by providing nutrients.
Finally, maintaining a proper diet with regular exercise can help build a body with excellent healthy skin and prevent sagging of skin.