More and more people are becoming aware of the many ways to look younger. They look at the ways in which to prevent the signs of aging from appearing prominent.
Ayurvedic Treatment For Anti Aging
The most significant and visible sign is the wrinkles forming on the skin, especially the facial skin. Skincare remedies provide the answer to the problem of premature aging though there are other factors that should be addressed to slow down the process of aging. Skin is the most important part that represents our appearance which impacts our social life. So skincare plays a vital role in anti-aging efforts.
Related: Ayurvedic treatment For Gum Disease
Related: Ayurvedic Remedies For Glaucoma
Ayurveda, the ancient Indiana healthcare system addresses the body and mind for healthy living. Ayurvedic literature has detailed information on how to maintain flawless and youthful skin. According to Ayurveda, the premature aging of the skin is caused by Vata dosha aggravation. With advancing age, the skin becomes dry and loses its elasticity. There are internal factors that cause dryness and cell degeneration. External factors include climatic conditions, exposure to sunlight for longer periods, lack of exercise, stress, and more. A nutritious skin-friendly diet is vital to prevent premature aging of the skin.
Ayurvedic Anti Aging Treatments
Rasayana is an Ayurvedic treatment that involves the use of various herbal combinations. Another anti-aging treatment is known as Vayasthapana, meaning conserving youthfulness and checking to age. The other Ayurvedic way of living that promotes age retarding includes a balanced diet, a healthy lifestyle, the practice of yoga, and meditation for the healthy mind and spirit.
Related: Anger Management In Ayurveda
Related: Ayurveda For Getting Pregnant
- Fresh Aloe Vera juice or gel is good for the skin. Apply it on the face and skin and wash it off after it dries.
- Gotu Kola is an anti-aging herb that is used in Ayurveda.
- Massage the face with ghee, coconut oil, or almond oil at bedtime. This will prevent dryness and aging of the skin.
- A mixture of rose water and honey should be applied to the face, neck, and other areas and left to dry. Wash it off with warm water after about 20 minutes. This is helpful in making the skin glow and also prevents wrinkles.
- Make a mixture of egg yolk, milk and honey apply on the face, and wash it with cold after a few minutes.
- Eat plenty of fruits and salads to keep the skin radiant. The antioxidants can keep the skin young.
- Green tea has many anti-aging properties.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out toxins from the body and also help in maintaining the moisture of the skin.
- Tulsi (Basil) has anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties. Drinking the decoction of basil leaves or eating the fresh leaves also helps in retarding the aging of the skin.
- Make a face pack with grated cucumber and apply it to the face.
- Eat foods rich in proteins and minerals to protect the skin from drying.
- Massaging with oil in which a few drops of glycerin is added is helpful in maintaining the elasticity of the skin.