Boils are red, pus-filled swellings that are formed on the surface of the skin. These dome-shaped inflamed lumps are caused by bacteria that infect the skin. Boils mostly develop on the legs, arms, and anywhere on the trunk and are painful. Boils are also called skin abscesses.
Related: Ayurvedic Treatment For Alopecia
Causes For Boils
- Boils are caused by the bacteria called Staphylococcus.
- Boils can also erupt due to the impurities in the blood.
Related: Ayurveda For Frigidity
Symptoms Of Boils
- A small, red, painful area of skin that is slightly swollen appears on the skin
- Itching starts on the surface of the skin
- The entire area becomes reddish and the center of the boil is filled with fluid. Though it is soft, it is a painful area when touched.
- The pus formation starts turning the center yellow with increased pain and swelling. This is a normal body mechanism to fight against infection.
Related: Ayurvedic Remedy For Stroke
Ayurvedic Treatment for Boils
- According to Ayurveda the best treatment to cure boils is to apply turmeric paste on the boils. When applied the swollen area gets software and it bursts. It is very important to keep the area always clean.
- Ayurveda suggests Kanchanara Guggulu pills be taken twice a day; Triphala Churna should be taken at bedtime. Nityand Ras mixed with honey, Kaishara Guggulu can be taken thrice a day and Shatavari Ghritam with milk can cure boils very effectively.
- Aromatherapy is also a good way to cure boils. This therapy uses such as tea tree or lavender. Aromatherapy clears the infection and helps in the speedy healing of the boils. The medicated oil not only drains the boil but also heals the surface in a faster way. Tea Tree oil is very effective in killing the bacteria staphylococcus.
- Adding garlic to the diet would help to cure the boils in a faster way, as garlic is the best ayurvedic medicine to cure boils also.
- Consumption of Aloe Vera pulp or applying the same on the boil would help to cure boils. However, this remedy is not for pregnant women.
- The thick mixture paste made out of Flaxseed powder, Althea root powder, Oat power, Echinacea powder is also effective in curing boils. When this mixture is applied externally to the boils the pus gets drained easily.
- Ayurveda also suggests the application of Charmardadi Thailam for external application over the boils
Related: Ayurveda For Weight Reduction
Related: Ayurveda For Grey Hair
Herbal Medicines For Boils
- A paste made of Dry ginger and Asafoetida (Hing) with water should be applied on the boils twice daily.
- Turmeric Tulsi leaves’ juice made into a paste can be applied over the boils. This combination can also be taken internally. They are proven anti-bacterial agents as well as good blood purifiers.
- A paste of mustard seeds is also effective.
- The root of Shobanjan and Devdaru is powdered and mixed with kanji and made in the form of a paste known as Shobanjadadi Lepam. This can be applied over the inflamed area for instant relief.
- A betel leaf is gently warmed till it becomes soft and coated with pure castor oil. The warm leaf should be placed on the affected area thrice daily. This process can cause the boil to rupture and heal quickly.
Related: Ayurvedic Treatment For Anti Aging
Home Remedies For Boils
- A piece of bread dipped in boiling water and brought to room temperature can be placed on the boil to crack fast.
- Mix grated raw carrot and one tablespoonful of wheat germ oil and apply on the boils.
- Honey can be applied as it is on the boils or with a combination of fresh figs, oil, or wheat germs.
- A lemon piece can also be placed on the boil.