Acquired immune deficiency syndrome is called AIDS, which is an infectious disease caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). This is a set of diseases, which destroys the complete immune system of the human body. As per Ayurveda, AIDS is related to loss of energy. This disease would result in weakening the plasma and the blood cells, muscular tissue, adipose tissue, bony tissue, and bone marrow. Ayurveda terms aid as Rajayakshma the king of all diseases and it was found in ancient days approximately 2000 years ago. Going by the description as per Ashtanga Hridayam and Ashtanga sangragham in Ayurveda the symptoms of AIDS exactly matches with that of Rajayakshma.
Related: Sexual Positions For Conception
The Symptoms of AIDS according to Ayurveda
- Drastic loss of weight
- Fatigue and Lethargy
- Susceptibility to all kinds of allergies
- All kinds of contagious diseases
- All kinds of skin allergies and skin irritations
- Lasting fever and cold
- Bronchial disorders, which leads to Tuberculosis of the lungs
- Diarrhea, Dysentery, and all kind of gastritis issues
- Frequent changes in the body temperature
Cause of AIDS
The root cause of AIDS is the unethical way of leading sex life. It means unhygienic sexual practices such as anal sex, oral sex, and other immoral sex with the same-gender groups, etc
- Sexual intercourse with multiple partners
- Not cleaning the genitals after sexual intercourse
- Usage of contaminated water to clean the body parts
- Bestiality or animal sex
- Blood transfusion with infected blood
Related: Ayurvedic Cure For Pyorrhoea
Ayurveda Treatment for AIDS
Ayurveda Treatment for AIDS has a significant role to play in the long-term management of HIV infection. Because, Ayurvedic medicines reduce the virus count and help the body to improve the CD4/CD8 count, which is indicative of the modulated immune status of the body. The use of Ayurvedic medicines may also increase the innate immunity of the body and will improve weight and cause excretion of the HIV virus out of the body.
Following are the various Ayurveda treatments for AIDS:
- Initially, the patient is administered with some given tonics and rejuvenators (the Rasayanas) to boost immunity levels.
- In the next stage, the patient is administered with Ajamamsa Rasayana (made out of cow’s milk, ghee, and extract of goat meat) and Indukantham Grisham . This will help to strengthen the body system and would stimulate the appetite.
- Rasasindoor (prepared with purified mercury) is applied along with the other Ayurvedic medicines. This would help the body to resist further damages caused by the HIV virus.
- Insistence on keeping the body clean by bathing either in cold or hot water would still help in preventing HIV infection.
- In Ayurveda herbs and minerals are given to patients to improve their immunity and to build the strength of the body.
- Ayurveda also recommends heavy exercise by AIDS patients as it heats up the body in order to fight against the HIV Virus.
Related: Ayurvedic Remedy For Anxiety
Related: Ayurvedic Remedy For Headache
Other Ayurvedic Medicines
Chyavanaprash is the best Ayurvedic tonic that develops immunity in the body to fight against the HIV virus and any disease in general. This tonic helps in increasing the patient’s immune system and makes sit very strong by rejuvenating the systems. Chyavanaprash is made out of Amalaki or gooseberry, which supplies a lot of vitamin C to the body and is known to build resistance against diseases. Apart from Amalaki Chyavanaprash is an Ayurvedic preparation that contains the essential ingredients of more than 35 herbs.
Raktavardhak is another Ayurveda medicine in curing HIV infection.
Sookshma Triphala tablets are also very effective in curing AIDS in Ayurveda.